Activities and Dates
Theme-Making Contest (August 31,2011)
Criteria for judging: Originality - 30%; Relevance to the Celebration - 40%; Impact - 30%
1st Place- Dave Danson Dy 1T (Seed Today, Save Tomorrow)
2nd Place- Daphnie Divine Dy 3S (The Sprout Duels the Drought)
3rd Place- Psyche Mae Lagon 4F (Every Leaf Counts)
4th Place- Bea Leal 2D (Rebuilding Nature, Enriching Lives)
5th Place- Isabella Renee Aguilar 3O (Initiating, Innovating, Igniting)
Bulletin Board Designing (September 19-28)
Deadline (September 28)- respective Science Teachers will check the bulletin boards
Judging Date (September 30)
- Each section will be asked to design their bulletin boards for the Science Month Celebration.
- Only the whiteboard will be designed by the class. The left/right cork board will be used as their Science bulletin and the left/right cork board will be spared for the announcements.
- Students are given 8 days to design their sections bulletin board.
- The bulletin board will be one of the projects of each class in Science in the second quarter.
For the white board (Main Bulletin):
- The design of the bulletin board must be aligned on this year’s theme (Seed Today, Save Tomorrow).
- Since this year’s focus is on environmental awareness buying of costly materials for the boards are discouraged.
For the left cork board (Science Bulletin):
- This is where the section will post current Science news/issues.
- It must also have sort of “background designs”.
- Criteria for judging:
Originality - 30%
Adherence to the Celebration Theme - 30%
Creativity - 30%
Impact - 10%
Science Quiz Bowl (Battle of the Science Wiz 2011)
Elimination Round (September 20)
- Students will be given a 100-item multiple choice written examination for the elimination process.
- The written examination shall be composed of questions related to Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Astronomy, Environmental Science and Earth Science.
- There will be a separate contest for Level 1 and Level 2 but the same set of questions will be used for all levels.
- The top 30 students based on the scores from each level (1 and 2) shall proceed to the Semi-final Round.
Semi-Final Round (September 23)
- The top 60 students who qualified for this round will be given another 70-item written examination composed of identification items.
- The top 10 students from Level 1 and 2 based on the scores will advance to the Final round.
Final Round (September 29)
- The final phase shall be divided into three rounds: Easy, Average and Difficult
Tree Planting Activity (First Phase- Collection of Fruit Bearing Trees)
Collection of fruit-bearing trees (Deadline: September 28, 2011)
- Each year level will be assigned to collect the following fruit bearing trees:
Second Year- Jackfruit
Fourth Year- Neem/ Palm Tree
- Each student has to bring the assigned seedling on the said deadline.
- Seedlings must be at least 1 FOOT tall.
- The seedlings must be labelled with the student’s name, name of the seedling, and year and section.
- All students will submit their seedlings at the old canteen area on September 28 for classification. (Labels will be provided on the place).
- No student will be allowed to bring their seedlings to their classrooms instead; they are to proceed to the specified place early in the morning on the said date.
- If ever that a student has other kind/type of seedling available at home aside from the assigned ones, they may submit it instead of the one required of them.